for the 36th Edition of the
"European Conference on Surface Science"
(hereinafter referred to as the „Regulations”)
I. GENERAL PROVISIONS
- The organizer of the 36th edition of the "European Conference on Surface Science", hereinafter referred to as the "Conference", is the University of Łódź, address: 68 Narutowicza Street, 90-136 Łódź, REGON: 1287, NIP: 7240003243, hereinafter referred to as the "Organizer".
- The conference will be held on August 28 - September 1, 2023 and will be conducted on an in-person attendance mode. The language of the Conference is English.
- The provisions of these Regulations are an integral part of the application for participation in the Conference and apply to all Participants.
- Sending an application for participation in the Conference to the Organizer is tantamount to acceptance by the Participant of the provisions of these Regulations.
- The Organizer reserves the right to make changes to the program and the Regulations of the Conference and the right to change the date, mode of attendance of the Conference or its cancellation.
- In the event of cancellation of the Conference, the Organizer undertakes to notify the registered Participants of this fact by e-mail no later than 7 days before the planned start date of the Conference.
- The Organizer is not responsible for the effects of force majeure, including the cancellation or shortening of the Conference due to force majeure. Force majeure is understood as: a sudden, unpredictable event, independent of the Organizer's will, caused by an external cause, which cannot be prevented with due diligence, preventing the Conference from proceeding in whole or in part, such as an earthquake, any acts of war, a natural disaster state of emergency, strikes, acts of public authority excluding or significantly limiting the possibility of holding the Conference.
II. TERMS OF PARTICIPATION
- A participant in the Conference may be an adult natural person who meets all the conditions set out in point 2 below. The order of application decides about the Participants' participation.
- The condition for obtaining the status of Conference Participant is the joint fulfillment of the following conditions:
- Application for participation via the electronic registration form, the address of which has been made available on the Conference website: ecoss36.uni.lodz.pl/registration
- Receipt of a message from the Organizer sent by e-mail with confirmation of registration. In the absence of information confirming registration within two working days from the moment of registration, please contact the Organizer by sending a message to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- Payment of the conference fee.
- There are two forms of participation in the Conference:
Passive participation - a Participant who has met all the conditions for participation from point 2 above. A passive participant is also a person registered as a Conference Participant who is a co-author of the presentation, but does not present the submitted paper or poster.
Active participation - a Participant who sent a summary (abstract) of his speech in the form of a paper or poster to the Organizer's e-mail address, and then this summary was accepted by the Organizer and met all the conditions for participation from point 2 above. As part of active participation, the Participant is entitled to participate in the Conference and the opportunity to deliver a presentation of a submitted paper in the form of an oral presentation or in the form of a poster presentation.
- Each Participant is entitled to participate in the Conference, a copy of the book of abstracts in electronic form and, on request, a certificate of participation in the Conference in electronic form;
- In the case of joint preparation of a paper by several authors, one of the authors will present the paper during the Conference in the form of an oral presentation.
- The participant declares that he has all the necessary consents from the co-authors for the publication of the results, including the abstract, on the Conference website and in the conference materials.
III. PRINCIPLES OF THE CONFERENCE
- The deadline for regular registration for participation in the Conference is August 10, 2023.
- The Organizer determines the program of the Conference and has the right to modify it, also on the day of the Conference, including the right to change the timetable and the order of speeches.
- The Organizer is not responsible for technical or organizational problems of Participants related to participation in the Conference resulting from reasons beyond its control.
- The Participant bears full responsibility for all materials and information presented by him during the Conference. The Participant is obliged to ensure that any statements and presentations made by him during the Conference do not violate the law or the rights or personal rights of third parties.
- The Participant of the Conference bears full legal and material responsibility for any damage caused by him/her.
- The Participant undertakes to comply with these Regulations, social rules, instructions and organizational and technical instructions of the Organizer.
- The Participant is obliged to mark his participation in the Conference by providing his full name. The Participant is obliged to provide real, identifying personal data.
- An active participant speaks during the Conference at the appointed time and has the right to participate in a discussion moderated by the Organizer. The passive participant has the right to ask questions to the speakers during the discussion period only. The moderator appointed by the Organizer decides whether to give a passive Participant the floor during the discussion.
- Participation in the Conference is payable. The fee for participation in the Conference depends on the status of the Participant and the date of payment:
A Participant with the status of a student or PhD candidate is entitled to make a payment in a reduced amount:
During registration on the day of the Conference, the Organizer may request the Participant to show proof of student or doctoral student status (e.g. Student ID).
- €280 - until July 1, 2023
- €330 - until August 10, 2023
- €380 - after August 10, 2023
Other Participants pay a regular fee in the amount of:
- €530 - until July 1, 2023
- €580 - until August 10, 2023
- €630 - after August 10, 2023
EPS (European Physical Society) Members pay a regular fee in the amount of:
- €510 - until July 1, 2023
- €560 - until August 10, 2023
- €610 - after August 10, 2023
The Organizer may reduce the conference fee for selected participants without giving a reason.
- The Participant's fee for participation in the Conference includes:
- participation in the opening of the Conference
- participation in the Conference
- conference materials
- coffee breaks
- participation in poster sessions
- participation in a guided walking tour and a concert
- participation in a Gala Dinner
- The fee for an accompanying person is €150 and includes:
- participation in the opening of the Conference
- participation in a guided walking tour and a concert
- participation in a Gala Dinner
- The fee does not include the costs of other meals, arrival and departure and accommodation, which the Participant covers himself.
- The Participant covers all possible additional fees related to bank transfer. In the case of payment via PayU, an additional fee of €10 is charged.
V. WITHDRAWAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONFERENCE
A Participant's resignation from participation in the Conference may only take place by sending relevant information to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The amount returned to the Participant depends on the date of resignation and is reduced by the costs incurred by the Organizer:
- Handling fee deduction of €100 for cancellations by July 10, 2023
- No refund for cancellations after July 10, 2023
Participant's absence at the conference is not the basis for refund of the Conference fee.
- The participant agrees to the processing by the University of Lodz, with its registered office at 68 Narutowicza Street 90-136 Łódź, his personal data consisting in recording and free-of-charge publishing of the image and statements recorded during the Conference, including marking the statements with his name and surname, and posting recordings of statements on the websites and social networks of the University of Lodz for promotional and educational purposes and popularizing science.
- The Participant of the Conference grants the University of Lodz a non-exclusive and free license to use his image and statements recorded during the Conference, including marking statements with his name and surname, in the following fields of use:
in the field of recording and reproduction - production, recording with all techniques, including in particular: magnetic recording, photosensitive, audiovisual, digital, optical, computer technology, regardless of the format and medium, size, form and technique;
in terms of dissemination - public display, reproduction, as well as making it publicly available in such a way that everyone can have access to it in a place and time chosen by them, including the Internet and other ICT, multimedia and computer networks, in particular on the website of the University of Lodz.
In connection with the granting of the license - the Participant ensures that the use of his statements in the presented scope will not infringe anyone's rights, in particular intellectual property rights, and does not require any permission from a third party.
VII. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
According to Art. 13 sec. 1 and 2 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation data), hereinafter referred to as the "GDPR Regulation"), we inform you that:
- The administrator of personal data is the University of Lodz with its registered office in Lodz, 68 Narutowicza Street, 90-136 Łódź.
- In any case, you can contact the Data Protection Officer: to the above-mentioned correspondence address with the note: Data Protection Inspector of the University of Lodz or by e-mail to the following e-mail address: email@example.com;
- Personal data including: name(s) and surname, e-mail address, telephone number, academic title, registration number, bank account number, affiliation will be processed for the following purposes:
Personal data in the form of image and name and surname will be used for the following purposes:
- registration of participation as well as organization and conduct of the Conference organized on August 28 - September 1, 2023 by the Organizer;
- communicating with the Participants on matters related to the Conference, documenting its course, including e.g. drawing up a list of Participants, issuing certificates of participation;
- promoting, educational and popularizing science on the website of the University of Lodz and in social networks and on the website of the Conference
- Personal data will be processed on the basis of:
- art. 6 sec. 1 letter e) of the GDPR in connection with art. 2 and 11 of the Act of 20 July 2018 Law on Higher Education and Science (because it is necessary to perform a task carried out in the public interest or as part of the exercise of public authority entrusted to the administrator in connection with the mission of the higher education and science system in the field of education, scientific activity , shaping civic attitudes, as well as participation in social development and creating an economy based on innovations);
- art. 6 sec. 1 lit. b) of the GDPR (because it is necessary for the performance of the contract to which the data subject is a party or to take action at the request of the data subject before concluding the contract);
- art. 6 sec. 1 lit. c) the GDPR regulation (in connection with the requirements of the law and acts of internal law applicable at the University of Lodz);
- art. 6 sec. 1 lit. a) of the GDPR Regulation based on your consent to the processing of personal data (in the case of consent to the use of the image)
- In a situation where the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing that was carried out before the consent was withdrawn.
- Personal data may be made available to the entity organizing the Conference, members of the Scientific Committee of the Conference and other entities authorized under the relevant provisions of law and relevant agreements concluded with the University of Lodz. Personal data will be stored for the period necessary to achieve the goal referred to in point 3 above for the period of storage of the financial and accounting documentation of the Conference by the University of Lodz. In situations provided for by law, personal data may also be processed for the period necessary to establish and pursue possible claims. In the event of consent to the use of the image, personal data will be stored until the consent is withdrawn.
- You have the right to:
- access to the content of your data;
- to rectify their data when they are inconsistent with the actual state;
- to delete, limit processing, and transfer data - in cases provided for by law;
- to object to data processing;
- to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body, which is the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection with its registered office in Warsaw at 2 Stawki Street
- Providing your personal data is voluntary, but necessary to achieve the goals referred to in point 3 above.
Complaints regarding the Conference may be submitted by the Participant, for example:
- to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- in writing to the address of the Organiser's registered office
The complaint should contain:
- contact details of the complainant
- indication of the subject of the complaint and the circumstances justifying the complaint
The Organizer will respond to the Participant's complaint immediately, no later than within 14 calendar days from the date of its receipt.
IX. FINAL PROVISIONS
- Any disputes that may arise from participation in the Conference will be settled by the court competent for the seat of the Organizer.
- In matters not covered by these regulations, the provisions of Polish law shall apply.
- The Regulations come into force on March 1, 2023.